Is ZenBusiness Legit? Let’s find out in this review.
ZenBusiness is a business services platform that’s built to help clients start, run, and grow their businesses.
They help you through the filing process to help you start your business sooner and with less costly mistakes.
Once your business is up and running, you’ll also get help to manage and grow your business while maintaining good standing with the state.
ZenBusiness makes this all possible through their easy to use member’s dashboard that keeps all your business documents and services all in one place.
A short overview of what ZenBusiness provides
ZenBusiness helps you incorporate your business, keep it compliant, and organize everything you need to get it running.
Here’s a rundown of what ZenBusiness offers:
- Affordable pricing: ZenBusiness prides itself on giving you more bang for your buck. It even claims to “cost up to 80% less than their nearest competitor LegalZoom.
- Customer support: Its FAQ page, help center, as well as chat, phone, and email support gives you several ways to find answers to your business questions.
- Customer feedback: ZenBusiness has served over 100,000 businesses. Most of its clients give it an excellent rating with its smooth and easy service.
- Worry-Free Guarantee: You’ll also get access to a Worry-Free Compliance service to stay covered all year. This add-on service lets you focus on growing your business by covering your annual report and up to two yearly amendments.
- Approachable LLC formation process: ZenBusiness makes the LLC formation process simple and easy to understand.
- Registered agent services: Registered agents represent your business to keep it compliant with the state, keep your business organized, and make sure you don’t get embarrassing legal or tax notices.
- DBA name registration: ZenBusiness helps you form a DBA that lets your business use a different name and move into other markets.
- Socially Conscious: It’s a public benefit corporation that awards grants and loans to small businesses.
For the above reasons, Zenbusiness is currently holding the #1 spot in our LLC Formation Services comparison guide.
ZenBusiness LLC Formation Packages
ZenBusiness offers three pricing packages for you to choose from:
Here is a concise break down of each pricing plan:
This package covers the basics for starting your business and costs $49 + state fees (billed annually) and includes the following:
- Registered Agent Service: This package gets you a registered agent to represent your business. Note that this service is billed separately and will bump up your renewal fees to $119 a year.
- LLC Operating Agreement: You get a standard operating agreement template that protects your interests and supports your company as it grows. Note that YOU have to fill in your operating agreement and keep it up to date over time.
- Name availability search: ZenBusiness has formation experts sift through your state’s database to make sure your selected business name is available before filing your paperwork.
- Worry-free CPA assessment: ZenBusiness’s licensed CPAs give you a free, worry-free accounting and tax assessment to answer all your bookkeeping, accounting, and tax needs.
- Preparation and filing of articles of organization: All pricing packages include preparation and filing of articles of organization which means less hassle for you.
Summary: This package is best if you’re just starting your small business and lack the funding or the size to choose the pricier options.
The Pro package costs $199 + state fees (billed annually) and includes all the services the Starter package offers but adds three more which we detail below:
- Employer ID number: The Pro Package provides you with an EIN that lets the IRS separate your finances from that of your business, lets you open a business bank account, and hire new employees. Note that while ZenBusiness will prepare and digitally file your EIN with the IRS, You’ll have to personally mail or fax in your completed forms to receive your EIN if you do not have a social security number or taxpayer ID number.
- Banking resolution: You also get a banking resolution template allowing your business to quickly and easily complete the resolution to open your business bank account and assign signature authority.
- Worry-free compliance: This package includes a Worry-Free Compliance service that notifies you of important compliance and filing events, covers your annual filing and two yearly amendments, and provides expert support should you miss a filing event and need to regain your good standing and LLC protection from the state.
Summary: This package is best if you’re starting a medium-sized business or your business is beginning to expand.
The Premium package is the most value-added pricing package at $299 + state fees (billed annually) and includes all the starter and pro features plus five more which we detail below:
- Rush Filing Service: ZenBusiness completes standard business formations on a first-come-first-served basis. The rush filing service feature lets you skip ahead of this line and gets your formation processed as quickly as possible.
- Domain Name Registration: Through this feature, ZenBusiness secures you a domain name suitable for your business.
- Domain Name Privacy: Your WHOIS listing makes your contact information (name, phone number, address, etc.) publicly available online. This feature protects your contact information from the public and replaces it with your domain registrar’s details instead.
- Business Email Address: This feature gets you a single email inbox connected to your domain name with 5 GB of free storage.
- Business Website: This feature gets you a business website that extends your business’ presence online.
Summary: This package is more suited to large businesses that can make full use of all the premium features.
ZenBusiness Customer reviews
It’s always a good idea to look for customer reviews before you spend your hard-earned money. Often times you’ll find that you shouldn’t always believe the marketing hype.
With ZenBusiness, this is not the case and we’re happy to say that it delivers exceptional value, expertise and most important what they promise. This is based on more than 4800+ reviews on Trustpilot where ZenBusiness is rated EXCELLENT with 4.8 out of 5 stars. And things only get better since ZenBusiness actively monitors the not-so-good reviews and promises to improve their service accordingly.
That’s a trustworthy company in our book.
Should you start an LLC with ZenBusiness
Taking all that we’ve discussed above, should you start an LLC with ZenBusiness?
While ZenBusiness has a lot of positive aspects it may not be what every entrepreneur is looking for.
Form an LLC with ZenBusiness
- ZenBusiness is affordable
- Very good overall value
- Excellent customer reviews on Trustpilot
Don’t form an LLC with ZenBusiness
- It’s not the fastest service. There are other formation services with faster turnaround times.
With its affordable packages, excellent customer reviews, and very good overall value, ZenBusiness is one of, if not, the top-rated LLC formation services out there.
Yes, there are cheaper and faster services but they usually don’t have the same overall value as ZenBusiness. You don’t even have to take our word for it since ZenBusiness’s customer reviews will speak a lot about it already.
The only other service that comes close to comparing is LegalZoom but even then ZenBusiness is better with their more affordable pricing and available features.
This is why we recommend ZenBusiness.
ZenBusiness vs LegalZoom: Which is Better?
If you ask us, ZenBusiness takes the win.
It’s more affordable and offers more features making for a better formation service overall. While LegalZoom is great, it’s not as excellent as ZenBusiness according to Trustpilot reviews.
What Are ZenBusiness’s Biggest Pros and Cons?
ZenBusiness offers affordable pricing plans that you can add on with extra services (like rush filing). You get great value with the numerous features it offers. And you can trust it because of all the great customer reviews it gets.
You may be able to find cheaper options out there. Some formation services also have better turnaround times.
Which Features Should I Purchase Once I Sign Up?
If you’re in a hurry, you might want to get the Expedite Filing Speed and even the Rush FilingSpeed features.
If you’re worried about keeping compliant with the government, you may want to get the Registered Agent Service as well as the Worry Free Compliance features.
ZenBusiness also offers a Business Website and Business Domain Name features if you want to start building your business’ online presence.
Note that all of these features are included once you sign up for the PREMIUM PLAN.
Does ZenBusiness Have a Publication Service?
Yes. ZenBusiness offers a New York LLC publication service. This service ensures that you comply with the New York publication requirement to publish your LLC announcement in two newspapers for six consecutive weeks within the 120-day deadline.
You can get this service for $200 plus publication fees.
Will I Get Help With Ongoing Compliance Requirements?
Yes. ZenBusiness helps you with your ongoing compliance requirements through its Registered Agent Service and Worry Free Compliance feature.
Does ZenBusiness Have a Refund Policy?
Yes. You can get a refund on any of your purchases minus any expenses incurred to begin your formation.
Note that this refund policy is available only until your payment has been sent to the state. You won’t be able to cancel or change your filing after then.
Why Do I Need to Use a Business Formation Service Anyway?
Forming an LLC can be time-consuming, confusing, and costly — especially if you’re just starting a business. A business formation service saves you from all of these problems (for a price) so you can focus more on growing your business.