What is Inc Authority?
Inc Authority is an online formation service that provides LLC (Limited Liability Company) and S corporation formation services for free as well as other business/personal document creation.
It offers its formation services for free in the hopes of gaining customers’ trust. This seems to have worked since over 4800 customer reviews give it an excellent rating.
It offers several useful add-on features that make your business formation more convenient. You have the option to either go with their free package + paid add-ons or ask their team of experts which pricing bundle you should get.
If this got you interested, be sure to keep reading this Inc Authority review.
A short overview of what Inc Authority provides
Inc Authority offers several business entity related services that complement their LLC formation service. These include business credits, funding, plans, loans, federal trademarks, website & marketing.
Here’s what you can expect from Inc Authority’s LLC formation service:
- 100% Free LLC Formation: They waive all service charges, labor fees, and overhead.
- Free Registered Agent for 1 Year: Inc Authority keeps your LLC compliant by including a one-year registered agent service for free.
- Business Name Check: They make sure your chosen business name is available before attempting to file your papers.
- Start-to-End Formation: Inc Authority handles the whole formation process from preparation of documents to filing with the state.
- Tax Planning Consultation: Skip the hassle of looking for a separate consultant to help you plan your LLC’S taxes.
- Business Credit & Funding Analysis: Their Business Credit and Funding Expert will review your business credit and financing needs and share solutions with you.
- Business Checking Account: Inc Authority offers a business checking account with exclusive incentives.
- Expert Support Staff: Their expert support staff can answer your business/formation-related questions via email or phone.
How does Inc Authority Work?
Forming an LLC with Inc Authority is easy and simple.
- First, you select the type of entity you’re forming (LLC) and which state you’re forming it in.
- Answer a few questions about your business.
- Next, select your PAID add-ons which will depend on the entity you’re forming. For LLCs, these include an EIN, an operating agreement, a record book, and an ownership certificate. You can also opt for express processing and a website domain name.
- Then you fill out your payment information and you’re all done!
Inc Authority LLC Formation Packages & Pricing
How much does Inc Authority charge to create your LLC?
Inc Authority lets you form an LLC for free in the hopes of gaining your trust. They let you choose which paid add-ons you want to include in your order. These add-ons are completely optional and won’t affect your formation even if you don’t choose any.
If you’re unsure as to which add-ons to choose, Inc Authority offers three start-up bundles through their team of business startup experts. These add-on bundles come discounted and structured to cater to businesses of every size.
The start-up bundles are the following: Starter Business Bundle, Executive Business Bundle, and Tycoon Business Bundle.
Here’s a detailed breakdown of each start-up bundle:
Starter Business Bundle ($399 + state filing fees)
The Starter Business Bundle covers the basics and more.
Here’s what you’re getting this bundle:
- Verify Business Name Availability: With this feature, you can avoid the hassle and find your perfect business name from the start.
- Custom State Filed Articles: Inc Authority customizes your articles for your business to avoid any embarrassing and costly mistakes.
- Complete Operating Agreement/Bylaws: Skip having to draft your operating agreement/bylaws and focus on running your business.
- Record Book & Company Seal: This serves as your official record book and gives your company a more polished and trustworthy image.
- Initial Meeting Minutes & Resolutions: Skip having to prepare company meeting minutes and resolutions yourself.
- Ownership Certificates: Inc Authority provides certificates to note each member’s ownership in your LLC.
- IRS Tax ID Number/Employer Identification Number (EIN): Most banks require an EIN before they let you open a separate business account. This feature saves you the hassle of needing to get an EIN yourself.
- Business Credit & Funding Evaluation: This add-on gets you pre-approved for $50k – $150k in working capital (unsecured loans & credit lines for start-ups) in less than 10 minutes.
- Tax Consultation: Avoid the hassle of looking for a tax professional yourself. Get up to 1 hour of tax consulting with a tax professional.
- 1 Year Inc Success Advisor: This add-on gives you unlimited phone and online support for all of the following: IRS Notifications and Audits, Tax and Accounting, State and Local Business Licenses, Lawsuit Defense, Payroll and Business Funding, Business Banking and Credit Cards.
Summary: This bundle is more suited for businesses with a bit more money to spend than those that are just starting.
Executive Business Bundle ($499 + state filing fees)
The Executive Business Bundle includes all the features the Starter Business Bundle includes plus two more.
These are the following:
- Business License Report: Inc Authority’s business license reporting software shows you the licenses you need for your business, based on location and industry.
- Website Domain: Skip the hassle of having to separately register a domain name for your LLC.
Summary: This package is best if you want more convenience than what the first start-up bundle offers.
Tycoon Business Bundle ($799 + state filing fees)
The Tycoon Business Bundle includes all the features offered in the first two bundles plus six (6) more.
Here’s what you’re getting:
- Express Processing: Skip the line of customers and get priority for your application.
- BizCredit Express: Build your business’ credit quickly and efficiently. This includes all the features below.
- Business Credit Coach: Get 90 days of one-on-one coaching with a dedicated Business Credit Coach who guides you through the credit building process.
- Multi-Tiered Credit Building System: Inc Authority helps you build your business’ credit quickly and efficiently.
- Business Credit LaunchPad: Their proprietary web-based software program walks you through your business credit development.
- D&B Credit Bureau Registration: You get an initial registration and report from business credit reporting bureau, Dun & Bradstreet.
Summary: This package is best for medium to large businesses with more money to spend on additional services & advanced features.
How long does it take for Inc Authority to form your LLC?
Unfortunately, there’s no hard and fast answer since everything depends on your chosen state and the type of entity you’re forming.
It can take anywhere from just a few business days to a few months.
Popular Inc Authority LLC Service Alternatives
If you feel like Inc Authority’s start-up bundles are too expensive, or you want more features by default, or if you just want to check out other alternatives, we recommend checking out ZenBusiness (our top pick).
ZenBusiness offers similar advanced features as Inc Authority but at a more affordable price.
ZenBusiness also provides more advanced features (like an operating agreement) as part of their basic package by default.
If you’re looking for additional legal services (outside LLC formation), look into Rocket Lawyer.
Inc Authority customer reviews
One crucial part of the formation service reviewing process is to find out what customers say about it. For this review, we looked to Trustpilot.
So how does Inc Authority fare according to Trustpilot’s customer reviews?
Inc Authority reviews are highly positive and have a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars from over 4800 customers.
Customers love Inc Authority for its speed, ease-of-use, great customer service, and business experts that guide you through the entire process.
Should you form an LLC with Inc Authority?
Inc Authority comes with several advantages that have given rise to its excellent rating on Trustpilot.
With its 100% free LLC formation service, one-year free registered agent service, start-to-end preparation, and filing, great customer support, helpful coaches/experts, as well as a multitude of convenient and advanced add-on features, Inc Authority is perfect for any small business owner looking to take away the guesswork out of forming an LLC.
Inc Authority does come with some setbacks. While it waives all service charges, labor fees, and overhead, Inc Authority’s add-on features aren’t the most affordable even if they’ve been bundled and discounted.
Inc Authority also lacks the publication requirement feature for states such as New York.
So, do we recommend Inc Authority?
Yes. While it may not offer the most affordable add-ons or pricing packages, Inc Authority’s combination of available advanced features, free LLC formation, great customer support, helpful coaches/experts, as well as a multitude of convenient and advanced add-on features sets it above most other online company formation service providers today.
While we still recommend ZenBusiness as our top pick for its affordability and inclusion of a publication feature, Inc Authority certainly comes close.
Is Inc Authority Legit?
Yes, with more than 30 years in the business, Inc Authority is as legit as they come. They’re rated A+ with over 4800 reviews on Trustpilot.
Inc Authority vs ZenBusiness: Which is better?
This one is a toss-up.
If you’re looking for a more affordable LLC formation service that includes a publication feature, pick ZenBusiness.
If you don’t mind paying a bit more for an LLC formation service that includes step-by-step business expert guidance, pick Inc Authority.
What Are Inc Authority’s Biggest Pros and Cons?
Inc Authority’s biggest pros are its 100% free LLC formation service, one-year free registered agent service, start-to-end preparation & filing, great customer support, helpful coaches/experts, excellent rating, as well as its multitude of convenient and advanced add-on features.
Its biggest cons are its costlier features and its lack of a publication service.
If I Use Inc Authority, Which Features Should I Get?
All of Inc Authority’s add-on features can add more convenience depending on your business needs.
If you’re in a hurry to get your LLC formed, get their EXPRESS PROCESSING feature to skip ahead of their customer line.
Does Inc Authority Offer a Publication Service?
No. They don’t offer that service.
Does Inc Authority Help With Ongoing Compliance Requirements?
Yes. They do this through their one-year free registered agent service.
What Is Inc Authority’s Refund Policy?
If you cancel within 14 days of your initial order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, your payment is non-refundable and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.
Why Do I Need to Use a Business Formation Service?
Forming an LLC can be time-consuming, confusing, and costly — especially if you’re just starting a business. A business formation service saves you from all of these problems (for a price) so you can focus more on growing your new business.