Harvard Business Services Inc (HBS). has been around since 1981. This company has helped more than 200,000 LLCs and corporations incorporate their businesses in Delaware.
Apart from forming Delaware business entities, Harvard Business Services also offers services such as a registered agent service, EIN/tax ID number, Apostille services, a mail forwarding service, franchise tax payment, and many more.
In this Harvard Business Services review we’ll discuss this company’s LLC formation process, their features, formation packages, how they stand up to customer reviews, and how they compare to other LLC formation services.
A short overview of what Harvard Business Services provides
As we’ve already mentioned, Harvard Business Services offers several business-related services to entrepreneurs.
When it comes to their LLC formation service, you can expect an excellent experience (more on this later) from this 40-year old company.
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Business Name Availability Check: Harvard Business Services lets you avoid the hassle of re-filing your business formation documents by ensuring your chosen business name is available in Delaware.
- Preparation of Documents: As with other business formation services, Harvard Business Services’ customers can expect to have their formation documents prepared for them.
- All Delaware Filing Fees: To make your formation go faster, they shoulder all Delaware filing fees.
- Same-Day Electronic Filing: You don’t have to wait even one business day before Harvard Business Services files your formation documents.
- Registered Agent Service (12 Months): Harvard Business Services keeps your LLC compliant by including a one-year Delaware registered agent service for free.
- Rush Service: They offer a rush filing service if you’re in a hurry to have your LLC formed.
- FREE Lifetime Customer Support: One of the reasons why Harvard Business Services receives so much praise, you get their free lifetime customer support composed of various specialists in the field.
How does Harvard Business Services Work?
Just like other online document filing services, Harvard Business Services’ formation process is pretty straightforward.
1. First, you enter your personal information which includes your full name, email address, phone number, business type, and the exact LLC name you want.
2. Next, enter your business information. This includes business owners, how the LLC will be managed, etc.
3. Choose your addons.
4. Go to payment and you’re all done.
Harvard Business Services LLC Formation Packages
How much does Harvard Business Services charge to create your LLC?
Harvard Business Services offers 3 LLC formation packages: Green, Basic, and Standard.
Note that all of this company’s packages include all Delaware filing fees.
Here’s a detailed breakdown of each:
Green Package ($179 – includes state fees)
The Green Package covers all the basics and more.
This service delivers your papers within 3-5 business days.
Here’s what you’re getting:
- Name Check & Clearance: Harvard Business Services Inc ensures your business name is available to be filed in the state of Delaware.
- All Delaware Filing Fees: They include all state fees required for forming a minimum stock corporation or LLC.
- Preparation of Certificate of Incorporation/Formation: Harvard Business Services Inc takes care of everything that’s needed to prepare and file your Certificate.
- Preparation of Documents: They prepare and file the documents for your Certificate of Incorporation/Formation with the state.
- Same-Day Electronic Filing: Your new LLC is filed with the state of Delaware on the same day you place your order.
- Registered Agent Services for 12 Months: Your first full year of the best Delaware Registered Agent service is included for free.
- Lowest Registered Agent Fee, Only $50 Per Year: Harvard Business Services Inc guarantees never to increase their $50 agent fee for the life of your LLC.
- Email with Approved Documents: You’llhave the officially approved documents in two to three business days.
- Free Lifetime Customer Support: The company’s helpful and experienced staff is happy to assist you throughout the life of your company. Their customer support is available through call, Skype, chat, or email.
- All Delaware Compliance Notices: Harvard Business Services keeps you informed of all annual requirements to keep your company in good standing.
- Digital Corporate Seal: You’ll receive a complimentary digital corporate seal featuring your new company’s name.
Summary: The company touts this package as their most economical and environmentally friendly out of all the price points they offer — and we’re inclined to agree. This is perfect for business owners looking to form their LLC.
Basic Package ($229 – includes state fees)
The Basic package includes everything the Green Package offers and two more.
This service delivers your papers within 4-6 business days.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC) or Corporation Digital Document: This service features templates to help you document the internal workings of your company. These include the following: Operating Agreements/Bylaws, LLC/Corporation Essential Documents, Digital Membership/Stock Certificates, and Banking Resolution Form.
- All Shipping Fees: Priority Mailing for all company formation items is included.
Summary: This package is great if you’re looking to form your LLC quickly as it lets you avoid the hassle of preparing your own corporate documents yourself.
Standard Package ($329 – includes state fees)
Just like the previous package, the Standard Package includes all you’re getting from the Green and Basic packages and more.
This service delivers your papers within 3-5 business days.
Here’s what you’re getting:
- Gold Embossed Company Binder: Give your business a polished, professional look with your own company binder.
- Delaware Company Guidebook: This guidebook helps you run and maintain your company in the state of Delaware.
- Meeting Minute Book and Organizational Resolutions: Avoid the hassle of having to prepare your own meeting minute book to record your board’s sessions and resolutions.
- 10 Customizable Numbered Stock Certificates / Membership & Digital Stock/Membership Certificates: This package includes 10 certificates to note each member’s ownership in your LLC.
- Stock Transfer Ledger: This ledger lets you record each of your company’s stock transfers.
Summary: This package is best if you’re looking to form your LLC in the quickest and most convenient way.
How long does it take for Harvard Business Services to form your LLC
While the company promises to immediately file your formation documents, expect to have your physical documents delivered within 3-6 business days.
They do have a rush filing service that ensures your LLC will be formed on the same business day you place the order, provided your order is placed before 1:00 PM Eastern Time on a business day.
Popular Harvard Business Services LLC Alternative
If you feel like Harvard Business Services’ start-up bundles are too expensive, or you want to form an LLC in a state other than Delaware, or if you just want to check out other alternatives, we recommend checking out ZenBusiness (our top pick).
ZenBusiness offers similar advanced features and customer service quality as Harvard Business Services but at a lower price.
ZenBusiness also garners similar customer reviews but allows you to incorporate them in states other than Delaware.
Harvard Business Services customer reviews
One important step when reviewing any service is to find out what customer reviews say about them.
We used Trustpilot to see what clients said on their Harvard Business Services reviews.
So how does this company fare according to its customers?
Harvard Business Services gets an “Excellent” rating with 4.9 out of 5 stars (out of 3000+ reviews) — the highest rating we’ve encountered yet.
Most of the clients who loved this company praised its customer support team and track record of lightning-fast turnaround times.
Should you form an LLC with Harvard Business Services Inc
Harvard Business Services has its advantages and disadvantages.
There’s a reason why Harvard Business Services’ customers love this service. With over 40 years of experience forming businesses, offering various useful features for every business owner, a registered agent, lightning-fast turnaround times, superb customer reviews, and an excellent customer service team, you can look no further than Harvard Business Services if you want to form your LLC in Delaware.
If you’re looking to form an LLC in any other state, you’ll need to find an alternative like ZenBusiness.
So, do we recommend Harvard Business Services to form your LLC?
Yes, if you’re filing in Delaware.
With the combination of all the advantages listed above, Harvard Business Services is one of the best LLC formation services out there.
We recommend you form an LLC with ZenBusiness for its affordability, default features, high trust rating, and ability to form in other states.
How Does Harvard Business Services Compare to ZenBusiness?
This one is a toss-up.
If you’re looking for a cheaper LLC formation service that can form your LLC in any state, pick ZenBusiness.
If you’re forming in Delaware and you don’t mind paying a bit more for a service that offers lightning-fast turnaround times and a superb customer service team, pick Harvard Business Services.
What Are Harvard Business Services’ Biggest Advantages and Disadvantages?
Its advantages are its over 40 years of experience forming businesses, LLCs & corporations, offering various useful features for every business owner, a registered agent, lightning-fast turnaround times, superb customer reviews, and an excellent customer service team.
Its disadvantages are that its pricing packages are costlier and that it can only form your LLC in Delaware.
If I Use Harvard Business Services, Which Features Should I Buy?
Each package offers more and more features that help speed up your formation.
If you’re really in a hurry, you can opt for their Rush Filing service.
Does HBS offer a Publication Service?
No, since publication is not required in Delaware.
Does Harvard Business Services Help With Ongoing Compliance Requirements?
Yes. They do so through their registered agent ($50) and Compliance Notice service.
What Is Their Refund Policy?
They’ll give you a refund as long as you ask for it within 30 days of your original purchase date. Note that they have a nominal 5% service fee for refunds.
Do I Need to Use a Business Formation Service?
Forming an LLC can be time-consuming, confusing, and costly — especially if you’re just starting a business. A business formation service saves you from all of these problems (for a price) so you can focus more on growing your business.